Manitowoc, Wis.(WFRV)--The Lakeshore Lutheran Schools Association is working together to feed the hungry.
More than 800 students spent the day filling and packing meal boxes for the less fortunate in Africa.
Children from 14 schools raised more than 20-thousand dollars for the project.
The boxes include rice, soy and dehydrated vegetables.
Organizers say it's a great lesson in compassion for the students.
The meals will go to families in Malawi.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Saturday Afternoon Weather Update 5/25/2013
- Weekend Weather Update 5/24/2013
- UWGB Will Retain Men's Basketball Coach Brian Wardle
- Allouez fire victims try to pick up the pieces
- Organizers prepare for Celebrate De Pere event
- Red Cross reaches out to help victims of Allouez fire
- BAHS reaches out nationally and locally
- Classic Arcade Games at Neville Public Museum
- Menasha man recalls seeing WW II end aboard U.S.S. Missouri
- Memorial Day boaters urged to take safety precautions