More can be found on the Wisconsin DOT website.
Or in this news release:
The Wisconsin Department of
Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing unscheduled
construction on US 41 this weekend in Brown County that will cause significant
All lanes of US 41 northbound from WIS 29 (Shawano Avenue) north to Velp Avenue will be entirely closed from 8 p.m. Friday, March 22 through 5 a.m. Monday, March 25. The southbound lanes will remain open. During this closure, northbound traffic will have to use the signed detours or seek alternate routes.
This unscheduled closure is necessary to continue the installation of a sanitary sewer pipe located approximately 30 feet beneath the highway at this location. An obstruction located under the northbound lanes must be removed to complete the project.
Here are the signed detours and ramp closures for northbound US 41:
US 41 to WIS 172 eastbound to I 43 northbound to US 41
US 41 to WIS 29 to Military Avenue north to Velp Avenue west to US 41
Both the WIS 29 (Shawano Avenue) on-ramp to northbound US 41 and the WIS 54 (Mason Street) on-ramp to US 41 are closed.
The detour for WIS 29 eastbound to US 41 northbound is WIS 29 to Military Avenue north to Velp Avenue west to US 41.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes and use caution when driving though this or any work zone.
- Job fair focuses on veterans
- New Wisconsin tax credit
- Local reaction to women serving in frontline combat
- Tuesday Evening Weather Update 6/18/2013
- Chrysler to recall 2.7 million Jeeps
- Consumer Watch: Starbucks to post calorie counts
- Kevin Greene Motivates Local Athletes On & Off the Field
- Local patients benefit from annual Cruise for Cancer
- Traffic Alert: 41 Closure planned in Brown County
- 6/18/13: Weather Update