Manitowoc, Wis.(WFRV)--The city of Manitowoc is still looking to the community to fund the upkeep of a downtown landmark.
You may recall last November the iconic Budweiser murals were slated to come down. After public outcry, the mayor agreed to work with the property owner to keep them up.
However, there was one condition: the public would have to donate the money for restoration and upkeep of the murals. So far, not that much cash has come in.
Mayor Justin Nickels hopes to aggressively pursue funding in the coming months.
More than $25,000 needs to be raised.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Blizzard Fall to Cedar Rapids
- Preble High School Honors Former Coaches
- Saturday Night Weather Update 5/18/2013
- Cellcom Marathon Street Closures for May 19, 2013
- Boston Marathon Runners at Cellcom Green Bay Marathon
- Safe Boating Week
- Local Veteran Recieves Purple Heart
- WPS Kids' Power Run
- Boating Forecast for Sunday 5/19/2013
- De Pere Girl's Soccer Sets Sights on Bringing Home the Gold Ball