Manitowoc, Wis.(WFRV)--The city of Manitowoc is still looking to the community to fund the upkeep of a downtown landmark.
You may recall last November the iconic Budweiser murals were slated to come down. After public outcry, the mayor agreed to work with the property owner to keep them up.
However, there was one condition: the public would have to donate the money for restoration and upkeep of the murals. So far, not that much cash has come in.
Mayor Justin Nickels hopes to aggressively pursue funding in the coming months.
More than $25,000 needs to be raised.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- UWGB Will Retain Men's Basketball Coach Brian Wardle
- Allouez fire victims try to pick up the pieces
- Organizers prepare for Celebrate De Pere event
- Friday Evening Weather Update 5/24/2013
- Red Cross reaches out to help victims of Allouez fire
- BAHS reaches out nationally and locally
- Classic Arcade Games at Neville Public Museum
- Menasha man recalls seeing WW II end aboard U.S.S. Missouri
- Memorial Day boaters urged to take safety precautions
- Boaters Forecast for Saturday 5/25/2013