Green Bay, Wis.(WFRV) -With it being that time of year again in Green Bay...time for playoff football...the City of Green Bay is doing it's part to get ready. Over 30 "Titletown" banners were hung this morning along light posts in the downtown area. The first was ceremoniously hung by Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt, who says the banners add to the excitement and atmosphere this playoff week. "There's a lot of excitement, things are really kicking into gear very quickly, obviously the banners we're doing today, a big prep rally tomorrow. We have a lot of visitors coming into town that have called, and we're excited about showcasing the city and we're excited about this win too." The banners have been placed on select light poles along Washington, Walnut and Main streets.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Tuesday Night Weather 5-21-13
- No one hurt in apartment fire
- Remembering the Oakfield tornado of 1996
- Local crews stand ready to help in Oklahoma
- Will Oklahoma tornado deaths change emergency preparedness?
- Emergency management talks about tornado preparation
- Summer In The City Guide" shows more to offer downtown
- Wisconsin BBB warns of tornado victim scams
- HealthWatch: Smokin' Flu Vaccine
- Railbirds flock to Packers OTA
Tom Zalaski bio
Tom Zalaski anchors Local 5 News weekdays at Five, Six and Ten with Erin Davisson.
Erin Davisson Bio
Erin Davisson anchors Local 5 News at Five, Six and Ten with Tom Zalaski.
Kris Schuller Bio
Kris Schuller anchors Local 5 News at Four and is a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.
Rich Klindworth bio
Rich Klindworth is the co-anchor on WFRV-TV's Local 5 This Morning, News at Noon, and WeAreGreenBay.com's News At Your Desk.
Tara Joyce bio
Tara Joyce is the co-anchor of Local Five This Morning and a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.