Oshkosh, Wis.(WFRV)--White-out conditions on Highway 41 near Lake Butte des Morts are being blamed for Tuesday's multi-vehicle accident.
The Winnebago County Sheriff's Department says 27 vehicles crashed when blowing snow reduced visibility on the the bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says road construction now underway expands the bridge to four lanes- which should reduce the number of accidents.
Deputies say the drivers affected by yesterday's pileup were doing the best that they could under difficult conditions.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- High Speed Chase
- Armed Robbery/Police Shooting
- Sunday Evening Weather Update 5/19/2013
- Cellcom Marathon kicks off with several tributes to Boston
- Live: Cellcom Race Director
- Live: Cellcom Marathon Start
- Road Trip: Dockside Tavern
- Boating forecast for 5/19/2013 Sunday
- Blizzard Fall to Cedar Rapids
- Preble High School Honors Former Coaches
Tom Zalaski bio
Tom Zalaski anchors Local 5 News weekdays at Five, Six and Ten with Erin Davisson.
Erin Davisson Bio
Erin Davisson anchors Local 5 News at Five, Six and Ten with Tom Zalaski.
Kris Schuller Bio
Kris Schuller anchors Local 5 News at Four and is a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.
Rich Klindworth bio
Rich Klindworth is the co-anchor on WFRV-TV's Local 5 This Morning, News at Noon, and WeAreGreenBay.com's News At Your Desk.
Tara Joyce bio
Tara Joyce is the co-anchor of Local Five This Morning and a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.