Appleton, Wis.(WFRV)--Traffic was detoured for hours today on Highway 41 in Appleton after a crash just before noon.
The Wisconsin State Patrol tells Local Five News that at about 11:15 on Wednesday morning, a semi-tractor trailer unit and a Toyota Echo were both merging into the center lane of Highway 41 at College Avenue and apparently did not see each other. The right front bumper of the semi truck hit the rear bumper of the Toyota, causing it to roll over. The vehicle rolled a number of time, ejecting the female driver.
The driver of the Toyota, a 38 year old Appleton woman, was taken to Theda Clark Hospital with life-threatening injuries. The 47 year old Green Bay man who was driving the semi was not injured.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is investigating. Local Five's Donald Robinson talked to an eyewitness.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Menasha School District looking at serious budget cuts
- Wednesday Night Weather 5/22/2013
- Girl with ties to Fond du Lac dies in Oklahoma tornado
- Oshkosh West collects items for tornado victims
- Veterans bring history to life in Neenah classroom
- Healthwatch: Shocking vest saves lives of heart patients
- Questions surround Lechnir's ousting at UW-Oshkosh
- Brewers fall, 9-2 to Dodgers
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin delivers first Senate Floor Speech
- A sidewalk controversy brewing in Shawano
Tom Zalaski bio
Tom Zalaski anchors Local 5 News weekdays at Five, Six and Ten with Erin Davisson.
Erin Davisson Bio
Erin Davisson anchors Local 5 News at Five, Six and Ten with Tom Zalaski.
Kris Schuller Bio
Kris Schuller anchors Local 5 News at Four and is a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.
Rich Klindworth bio
Rich Klindworth is the co-anchor on WFRV-TV's Local 5 This Morning, News at Noon, and WeAreGreenBay.com's News At Your Desk.
Tara Joyce bio
Tara Joyce is the co-anchor of Local Five This Morning and a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.