Appleton, Wis.(WFRV)---Appleton's city clerk is stepping down. Cindi Hesse is retiring after 20 years of service. Today, the city held a special surprise send-off party for her. Hesse says despite the day-to-day challenges, she has enjoyed her time as city clerk.
Says Hesse, "The citizens, the state have to really respect what the municipal clerk does. We sometimes make it look easy, it is a difficult job, it's a trying job, it's a very fulfilling job as well."
De Pere city clerk Charlene Peterson replaced Hesse on April 9th.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Tuesday Night Weather Update 6/18/2013
- Sale of Clarion Hotel in Green Bay delayed
- Organization aims to save kids from getting unintentional injuries
- Assembly begins budget debate in Madison
- Job fair focuses on veterans
- New Wisconsin tax credit
- Local reaction to women serving in frontline combat
- Chrysler to recall 2.7 million Jeeps
- Consumer Watch: Starbucks to post calorie counts
- Kevin Greene Motivates Local Athletes On & Off the Field