Appleton, Wis.(WFRV)---Appleton's city clerk is stepping down. Cindi Hesse is retiring after 20 years of service. Today, the city held a special surprise send-off party for her. Hesse says despite the day-to-day challenges, she has enjoyed her time as city clerk.
Says Hesse, "The citizens, the state have to really respect what the municipal clerk does. We sometimes make it look easy, it is a difficult job, it's a trying job, it's a very fulfilling job as well."
De Pere city clerk Charlene Peterson replaced Hesse on April 9th.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- De Pere Girl's Soccer Sets Sights on Bringing Home the Gold Ball
- Diary of a Working Woman: Part III
- Weekend Weather Update 5/17/2013
- Packers record-holder Ahman Green is our VIP sportscaster
- Houdini Plaza renovations pass half-way mark
- Appleton Skateboard Park designs
- GBPD investigates homicide
- WIAA interested in a long-term relationship with the greater Green Bay area
- Toast 2 Success to benefit disadvantaged youth
- Boating forecast 5/17/2013