GRAND CHUTE, Wisc. (WFRV) Two firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion last night, after battling a blaze at Buca di Beppo in Grand Chute. One employee was also treated after being exposed to a dry chemical agent from a fire extinguisher.
Less than two weeks after opening, the restaurant had to be evacuated after heavy smoke poured out the back of the building.
When firefighters arrived, there was smoke in the kitchen area. After searching for the origin, the fire was located in a wall of the kitchen.
Because of the heat, several nearby fire departments were called in to help.
It took one hour to extinguish the blaze. Damage estimates were not immediately available.
The fire remains under investigation.