Manitowoc, Wis.(WFRV)0-- A Manitowoc County teenager was sentenced Wednesday for killing two of his friends in a crash.
A Manitowoc County judge said he wanted to send a message about reckless driving, when he sentenced 18 year old Zachary Gauthier of Whitelaw to four years in prison.
The March 2012 crash killed Zachary Zahn and Chelsie Harding, both 16 years old at the time.
Local Five's Donald Robinson was there for the emotional day in court.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- Healthwatch: Lullabies
- 5/23/13: Weather Update
- Gov. Walker's Weekly Radio Address for 05/23/13
- News at Your Desk 5-23-13
- Dogs Displaced From Tornado
- Overnight: Woman Held at Gunpoint
- Winning Lottery Ticket
- Menasha School District looking at serious budget cuts
- Girl with ties to Fond du Lac dies in Oklahoma tornado
- Oshkosh West collects items for tornado victims
Tom Zalaski bio
Tom Zalaski anchors Local 5 News weekdays at Five, Six and Ten with Erin Davisson.
Erin Davisson Bio
Erin Davisson anchors Local 5 News at Five, Six and Ten with Tom Zalaski.
Kris Schuller Bio
Kris Schuller anchors Local 5 News at Four and is a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.
Rich Klindworth bio
Rich Klindworth is the co-anchor on WFRV-TV's Local 5 This Morning, News at Noon, and WeAreGreenBay.com's News At Your Desk.
Tara Joyce bio
Tara Joyce is the co-anchor of Local Five This Morning and a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.