APPLETON, Wisc. (WFRV) An Appleton home was damaged overnight. A chimney is to blame.
Firefighters were called to 1310 Taft Avenue just before midnight after a report of a chimney fire.
When firefighters arrived, they found light smoke in the attic. Thermal imaging cameras noted a fire in the bedroom wall. Fire crews removed the drywall and put the fire out.
No one was injured in the fire.
Total damage to the home is about $10,000.
The Appleton Fire Department is reminding homeowners to have their chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional on a yearly basis.