Oshkosh, Wis.(WFRV)--White-out conditions on Highway 41 near Lake Butte des Morts are being blamed for Tuesday's multi-vehicle accident.
The Winnebago County Sheriff's Department says 27 vehicles crashed when blowing snow reduced visibility on the the bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says road construction now underway expands the bridge to four lanes- which should reduce the number of accidents.
Deputies say the drivers affected by yesterday's pileup were doing the best that they could under difficult conditions.
Fresh on WeAreGreenBay
- WIAA track sectionals: Preble's Wallenfang wins four events
- Students dedicate concert to ill music teacher
- Thursday Night Weather 5/23/2013
- WIAA softball regional final results
- UW-Stevens Point baseball ready for D-III College World Series
- Fond du Lac Firefighters go door-to-door to educate residents
- Green Bay resumes Emerald Ash Borer control efforts
- Local shelter takes in dogs from Oklahoma
- Brown County memorial hits milestone
- Nearly 100 displaced by massive Allouez apartment complex fire
Tom Zalaski bio
Tom Zalaski anchors Local 5 News weekdays at Five, Six and Ten with Erin Davisson.
Erin Davisson Bio
Erin Davisson anchors Local 5 News at Five, Six and Ten with Tom Zalaski.
Kris Schuller Bio
Kris Schuller anchors Local 5 News at Four and is a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.
Rich Klindworth bio
Rich Klindworth is the co-anchor on WFRV-TV's Local 5 This Morning, News at Noon, and WeAreGreenBay.com's News At Your Desk.
Tara Joyce bio
Tara Joyce is the co-anchor of Local Five This Morning and a General Assignment Reporter for WFRV.