Powered by the #1 ranked defense in the country, the Wisconsin Badgers are headed to the Sweet 16 for the fifth time under head coach Bo Ryan.The #4 seed Badgers defeated #5 seed Vanderbilt on Saturday, 60-57, in the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
With the victory, Wisconsin advances to the East Regional Semifinals in Boston on Thursday, where they will meet the #1 seeded Syracuse Orange.
Game Notes (courtesy UW Athletics)
- Senior Jordan Taylor led Wisconsin with 14 points, while grabbing 2 rebound and 3 assists.
- With 3 3-pointers Saturday, Taylor now has 18 career NCAA tournament 3-pointers. He is one shy of the Badgers' school record (19 held by Jon Bryant).
- Junior Ryan Evans scored 11 points, his 14th-consecutive game scoring in double figures.
- Junior Jared Berggren tallied 12 points to go along with a team-high 6 rebounds.
- Sophomore Ben Brust finished with 11 points and 4 rebounds off the Badgers bench. That marks his highest point total since scoring 13 against Indiana on Jan. 26, 2012.
- Junior Mike Bruesewitz scored 10 points and snatched a career-high 3 steals. He connected on 2-of-3 from 3-point range for the second-consecutive game. The last time he had consecutive games with multiple triples was when he went 2-for-2 at Michigan (1/8) and 4-for-4 at Purdue (1/12).
For a look at the updated bracket: click here
Local 5 is your home for the NCAA Tournament, and Final Four.